[rrd-users] rrd-tool, mrtg, 14all.cgi and multiple devices

Omar Abas oabas at dingoblue.net.au
Thu Mar 29 13:09:17 MEST 2001

Hi,

I recently got my mrtg system working with rrdtool and 14all.cgi. From what
i've understood from the documentation, I HAVE to create a a .cgi file for
EVERY .cfg file.

for example

http://localhost/cgi-bin/name1.cgi?dir=name1\ for the first router
http://localhost/cgi-bin/name2.cgi?dir=name2\ for the second router and so
on....

The network I have been asssigned to monitor consists of a few hundred cisco
devices.

My question is, is there a way to create one .cgi file that will create the
graphs for ALL the .cfg files.

for example

http://localhost/cgi-bin/name1.cgi?dir=name1\
http://localhost/cgi-bin/name1.cgi?dir=name2\
http://localhost/cgi-bin/name1.cgi?dir=name3\

NOTICE how the same .cgi file was used for all devices unlike the previous
example. This is obviously a more efficient way of doing things.

The .cgi file has the all the paths hard coded into it so that it points to
the relevant .cfg file, how would we overcome that? Please advise whether
this is possible or not.

any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

omar