[rrd-users] Re: Logarithmic scale labels

Antoine Delvaux antoine.delvaux at belnet.be
Thu May 3 11:11:16 MEST 2001

Le 2001.05.03 00:27, Alex van den Bogaerdt a écrit :

> I don't think there is.  Maybe this is A Good Thing, how would you like
> a scale such as:
>
> 1000000000000
>    1000000000
>       1000000
>          1000
>             1
>             0
> or similar.  It might not even fit on the graph...

Yes in your case it's not very practical, sure.  But in my application I'm
dealing with scales like these ones :
1000      1e+03
 100      1e+02
  10      1e+01
   1      1e+00

And I'd prefer to have the first one instead of the second, it's easier to
read.  Don't you think it could be a useful feature of RRDtool to be able
to chose one of these two types of scale ?

Antoine.

--
antoine.delvaux at belnet.be                         Tel: + 32 2 790 33 33
BELNET Service Support Team                       Fax: + 32 2 790 33 34