[rrd-users] Re: Bug? maybe

Paul Pot paul_pot at nl.sonymusic.com
Tue May 8 17:38:07 MEST 2001

Hi Josh,

Are those numbers not related to the measured (calculated from snmp counters)
peaks in the traffic over this line ? You can use snmp to check the configured
bandwitdh:

interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifDescr.1 = Ethernet0
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifSpeed.1 = Gauge: 10000000

On a Gb link, my measured max in is 15M. the measured max out is 16 M - so space
left :o)

hth

regards
paul
* speaking for himself

Well Just a wierd thing that I noticed while checking over some graphs.
I have a 64K line and mrtg and rrdtool are telling me that
my max in is 43.759K (23.30%)  ????

also max out is   63.660K (64.22%)

Either it is me (which it could be) or something is wrong with the
math.. If you would like to see the link please respond and I will
gladly show you
thanks
josh