[rrd-users] Graphing our user base growth

nat nat at 4si.co.uk
Tue May 15 21:42:42 MEST 2001

Hi all,

I have downloaded the rrdtool from the website and successfully completed
the tutorials.

I would like to use it to graph the amount of users signed up on our system
over time, I will update the database every 5 minutes.

I presume a sample maybe:

15:05 - 6 users
15:10 - 6 users
15:15 - 7 users
15:20 - 8 users
15:25 - 8 users
<cont....>
16:30 - 9 users
16:35 - 9 users
16:40 - 10 users
16:50 - 11 users
<cont...>
19:15 - 11 users
19:20 - 12 users
19:25 - 15 users

etc.....

theses values will allways be integers, and i understand how to run the
'rrdtool update' command automatically every 5 minutes from a script. I am
having problems working out the syntax of the 'rrdtool create' command to
create the initial database, can anyone post a config? or refer me to a good
example.

thanks for your time guys....

nat,
--