[rrd-users] Re: problems with rrdtool restore of modified XML

Agustin Muñoz agustin at cast-info.es
Thu May 17 11:21:51 MEST 2001

Helo Red,

	I was a trouble closer like this. Finally I opted to create a new
database declaring the --start as the first date the other database have
a data.

	Then I run a script like

for each line in $RRDTOOL fetch $FILE AVERAGE --start $DATE; do
	$RRDTOOL update [here the different data I retrieve]
	done

	You also can create a new database and fill the new and the old
database, extracting the old data from the old file and the new data
from the new file.

Happy trails

Agustin