[rrd-users] Re: how many DS's how many lines?

Mark Smith mark.smith at comdev.cc
Tue May 29 19:08:59 MEST 2001

If there is a limit in RRD, I haven't been able to find it.  I have run
RRD with upwards of 30 Data sources per file, upwards of 1000 files,
each file with 300 RRAs (yes, 300 RRAs; I had an error in my code that
built 10 RRAs per DS instead of 10 RRAs for the whole file.)  And it
worked great.  I was able to update all 30,000 in less than 60 seconds
on a P3-933MHz w/ 256MB RAM.  :)

About your question of "three lines in a graph" thing, the LINE1, LINE2
and LINE3 things are not "First Line," "Second Line," and "Third LIne."
  They are "Line 1 pixel wide," "Line 2 pixels wide," and "Line 3 pixels
wide."  You can have as many LINEx entries per graph command as you can
fit on the command line (and this is OS dependant.)   8 should not be a
problem.

-Mark