[rrd-users] distributed rrd files

rrd-users at gulu.net rrd-users at gulu.net
Wed May 30 15:10:13 MEST 2001

Hallo.

I have several machines collecting different rrd data.

I would like to build a index page on a central machine with rrdgci,
but the problem is that rrdgci cannot access the rrd files locally because
they are not there.
The links under the pictures at the index page already point to web servers
at the different machines, but how can I get rrdcgi make the picture without
copying the rrd files to the central machine regularly?

One idea is to get an extended syntax for the DEF line:

DEF:inoctets="scp some_host:/data/CPU.rrd /data/CPU.rrd"=/data/CPU.rrd:input:AVERAGE

The command after the first "=" has to be executed and the file after the
second "=" ist the rrd file to read.
(Maybe there could be a nicer syntax..)

Maybe there should be a possibility to specify a number of seconds for
if the file was modified less than this number of seconds ago the command
should not be executed.

Tobi, is this possible?

Are there other ways to solve this?

Thank you.