[rrd-users] Less-accurate RRD Averages?

James Mancini jmancini at netreo.net
Wed Nov 7 17:51:27 MET 2001

This is a strange question, I realize. But I'm trying to figure out if
there's a way to write a CDEF that removes some of the precision from the
RRDGraph when it's drawn.

Specifically, I'm trying to generate a graph over a period of a week or
month, with no more resolution than 1 data point every 24 hours. Since I
will need the detailed data later, I can't change the RRD structure to
reduce the resolution.

I'm pretty sure that I could do this somehow with a CDEF that averages all
the data points for a given day, but I can't get one to work (yet). I'm not
so good at RPN yet, which doesn't help.

Any suggestions or guidance to steer me in the right direction will be
greatly appreciated.