[rrd-users] Re: RRD dump function

Clifton Royston cliftonr at lava.net
Wed Nov 21 19:31:26 MET 2001

On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 02:01:15PM +0200, vitoannecca at inwind.it wrote:
> > Hi!
> > In a Perl script I wrote
> > sub mia ($nfilerrd,$nfilexml){
> > RRDs::dump ("$nfilerrd",">","$nfilexml")
> > }
> > &mia($nfilerrd,$nfilexml);
> > running this script I have an error massage
> > "Can't locate auto/RRDs/dump.al "
> > I'd need to use this function I hope there is a way to use it.
> > Please help me if you know how to use dump-function in a perl script.
> > Regards
> > Vito Annecca

I asked about this some months back; I believe the answer is that there
is no direct Perl interface to rrdtool dump and restore.

You can do it a little more awkwardly with the Perl system command:
  system( "rrdtool", "dump", $nfilerrd ) etc.

BTW, redirection of standard output to a file is a function of the
shell and I believe that part won't work the way you were trying to do
it above anyway.

  -- Clifton

 Clifton Royston  --  LavaNet Systems Architect --  cliftonr at lava.net
   WWJD?   "JWRTFM!" - Scott Dorsey (kludge)   "JWG" - Eddie Aikau