[rrd-users] UTC - GMT convertion

Tekin Gulsen tgulsen at azerty.com
Wed Nov 21 20:19:31 MET 2001

Hello,

A couple of quick questions;

1) I have a program that constantly updates the database. How can I retrieve
the dates of the oldest and the newest data in an RRD database.
2) Is there a utility or command for unix systems that converts the GMT time
to UTC and vice versa? Since the graphs will be generated by a program, the
dates need to be converted in the program. I can use "date +%s" command to
convert the current date and time to UTC but doing the convertion for a
previous date is a problem.

I'd greatly appreciate any opinions or suggestions,

Thanks...

Tekin