[rrd-users] Re: rrdcgi problem with picture.

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Fri Nov 23 21:34:03 MET 2001

I don't know about your first question, but here's an answer to your second:

You are correct, sir.  When RRDTool creates the database, it creates all it needs.  When you define RRAs, it has all the space it needs.  I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what Round Robin Database Tool does, it consolidates data as it gets older.  Therefore, no additional storage is ever taken up.

Paul

>>> Nuno Emanuel Rodrigues <nuno.erodrigues at optimus.pt> 11/23/01 14:08 PM >>>

Hello.
I started using rrdcgi today. I am planning to use rrdcgi to make "zooms" .
The user will have a form with 2 fields, startdate and enddate, so he can
create graphics from old values with very good precision.
I am using the second example from the rrdcgi manpage.
The problem is that rrdcgi is creating the picture files with the wrong
attributes, for example:

-rw--r--r--    1 apache   apache

And a second time i run the cgi, he cant create a new picture file, because
already exist, and cant replace.
What should i do to solve this problem?

Changing the subject...i have a question :

 My rrd files wont grow as i keep sending values to the databases? The size
of the rrd files is the same since i created them?

Thanks!