[rrd-users] Calculating server availability to control SLAs

Gustavo Ariel Faza gfaza at 2vias.com.ar
Sat Nov 24 14:27:50 MET 2001

Hi!

I´m a new user of MRTG and RRD.
I installed MRTG to obtain traffic graphics of my NT servers.
And i installed the NT version of mrtg 2.9.17 with IIS.
Everything is working fine.
After that, I installed RRDTool (NT Version) over MRTG and now i can see
better grapchis.

But my final destination is to meause the availability of the servers.
I know that the servers should be available "n" time in the month, and if
the server goes down during "z" time, my availability will be lower.
I found in the RRD site a tool called SLAmon but after several tries i
couldn´t make it work, and the author told me the development was not
finished.

So, the question...
Does anyone know how to measure availability, or perhaps, how to know how
many time the server went down ?
If i can get that information, i could make the matematic operation in a
separate process -perhaps RRD with a module do it-.

Thanks
Gustavo

---
Gustavo Ariel Faza