[rrd-users] Re: rrdcgi problem with picture.

Nuno Emanuel Rodrigues nuno.erodrigues at optimus.pt
Mon Nov 26 12:23:30 MET 2001

Hello.

About my rrd configuration, i think i did the correct configuration, i have
a rra with 105408 rows , 1 PDP ... so  i have a full year of "exact" values.

My graphs webpages has 4 grahics, a daily, 1 weekly, 1 monthly and 1
yearly... and my purpose is.. the user see on the month or yearly graphic a
interesting range of time... (lets say 2 days) and he wants to see the exact
values, not 30 minutes averages, so using the rra i mentioned before, he can
generate the graphic, or maybe do a database dump to a xml file of the
specified time period.

One interesting thing, is that i had a rrd with the big rra i mentioned and
3 more rras, 1 for the week, month and year, with week (30 minute avg),
month (2 hour avg), and year (1 day avg) like Paul said.
But in the week graph, rrdtool used my first RRA, instead of the week (30
minutes avg) RRA....

Other point where i would like to get some feedback is: Using a setup like
this... just 1 RRA, with no consolidation at all.. generating a week,month
and year graph every 5 minutes (running from cron) :
	-all the consolidation is done when the grahs are constructed ?
	-Wont be to much cpu consuming, if i have ...20 or 30 rrds,
generating new graphs every 5 minutes with this setup?

And finally...returning to my RRDCGI Problem...i still have the problem of
rrdcgi generating the pictures with this attributes :

-rw--r--r--    1 apache   apache

And when i run the rrdcgi again he cant overwrite the picture... and no
picture is created.. would like some help with this.

Thanks alot!

P.S. A RRD with only a RRA with 105408 rows (1 PDP) is not all that big, its
just 1,687,380 byes ....shouldnt be bigger?