[rrd-users] Re: How to use old interface rrd data on new interface without peak ?

Torleiv Flatebo Ringer ringert at consumption.net
Tue Oct 2 19:19:48 MEST 2001

I'm going to guess that the easiest way is going to be to create a new
rrd file, and pull all data out of the old rrd file, process it to look
like the new data, and be done with it.

You (maybe) can do it by using CDEFs, but that might be a little complicated
since you have two sets of data in the same file.

I think it might be easiest just to "clean" the old data.

torleiv

what you said

> Dear all,
>
> I collected flow data from a router.
> Now, I got a new router, so I change rrd to collect from the new router & a new interface.
> I also copy the old serial interface .rrd & .meta file and rename to the new interface, so that I can keep the history data.
> It works, but because the counter is different between old router/interface and new one.
> When rrd collect data from the new interface and update into the old .rrd file,
> it generates a huge peak!
>
> Is there any way to remove the peak and keep my flow data history ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Yngwie Chou
>

> --

second gear, redline, bliss