[rrd-users] rrdcgi-apache-execution problem

gregory LAROCHE gregory_laroche at yahoo.fr
Wed Oct 3 10:09:16 MEST 2001

hi everybody

rrdtool produce very good graphs, but i try to use
rrdcgi without succes. I use Apache(1.3.12) on
Linux(Red hat), and I try to run the example
"cgi-demo.cgi".(Before, I run the "shared-demo.pl",
and i can see Great graphs in my web browser).But I
have the following message in my browser, when using
cgi-demo.cgi:
--------
Note: This Demo will only work if have previously run
the shared-demo.pl.
This is NOT traffic
[ERROR: Opening 'cgi-demo1.gif' for write: Permission
denied]

[ERROR: Opening 'cgi-demo2.gif' for write: Permission
denied]
--------
So I can execute script,because it's not a 505 error.
Is it right ?
For all the directory : user :root group:root , and
755 for acces.
Is anybody have a hint of solution ?

THANKS