[rrd-users] Re: obtaining the max value showed in the graph

Jay Ford jay-ford at uiowa.edu
Mon Oct 15 23:23:11 MEST 2001

On Mon, 15 Oct 2001, Alejandro Diego Garin wrote:
> I have created some rrds and when I made a graph (average form), I need to
> know what is the max value that the graph is showing. I have tried with
> rrd:fetch (perl binding) for the same parameters that the graphics but the
> max value is not the same... any suggestion?

Use the MAX consolidation function (CF) in a PRINT or GPRINT, such as:
	PRINT:aa_out_MAX:MAX:%.1lf
or
	GRINT:aa_out_MAX:MAX:%12.1lf

Note that this is independent of the CF specified in the archive of the data
source in the RRD file.  That is, you can get the MAX of the graphed MAXes &
the MAX of the graphed AVERAGEs, as well as the LAST of both.  See the
attached rrdgraph snippet.

Jay Ford, Network Engineering Group, Information Technology Services
University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242
email: jay-ford at uiowa.edu, phone: 319-335-5555, fax: 319-335-5505

-- Type: TEXT/PLAIN
-- Desc: rrdgraph sample