[rrd-users] Re: RRDTool Graphs

Wolfgang Schrimm Wolfgang.Schrimm at urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Oct 16 12:14:59 MEST 2001

Hi Jason,

> But, these don't seem to do what I want..  Is there any way to force a
> browser to reload the images every time?  This is very
> frustrating...  :(

the way we do this is maybe a bit overkill, but it works (with apache).
Add the following lines to httpd.conf:

#-------------------------------
<Directory "/IMAGE-DIRECTORY">
    AddType      application/rrdgif     .gif
    Action       application/rrdgif     /SCRIPT-ALIAS/rrdgif-wrapper.pl
</Directory>
#-------------------------------

IMAGE-DIRECTORY should be an absolute path and SCRIPT-ALIAS should be a
ScriptAlias (what a surprise :-)

the rrdgif-wrapper.pl script looks like this:

------------------------------
#! /usr/bin/perl

print <<EOF;
Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate
Pragma: no-cache
Expires: 0

EOF

open (IN, $ENV{PATH_TRANSLATED});
while (<IN>) {
    print;
}
close IN;

hope this helps,
Wolfgang

Wolfgang Schrimm                         Tel: +49-6221-544596
Computing Center                         FAX: +49-6221-545581
Networking                            Im Neuenheimer Feld 293
Heidelberg University               69120 Heidelberg, Germany