[rrd-users] CF confusion, and not average/ratio

nuno pires nunopires2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 17 10:58:26 MEST 2001

 Hello
 I started using RRDTOOL 2 days ago.
 I read the manuals and tutorials, but i still cant
find a answer for what i want.

 All i want is that the value stored (consolidated ?)
 and showed in the graph is actually the value i sent
 to rrd (using update function).

 I dont want any kind of average, just the real value,
 it doesnt matter for me the previous values, i just
 want the actual ones.

 I thought using Gauge DST i will achieve that but
 its not the case.

 In this moment i am using DST GAUGE with CF
 (Consolidation Function) being last, xff=05, CF steps
 only 1 (tryed with 0 but caused a error) and rows
 2000.

 Well if any1 can suggest me the correct parameteres
 to use in order to store/show just the real updated
 values, not a averafe/ratio, i will be very grateful.

 Thank you.

 PS. I also will be happy with a quick explanation of
 the big differences between the different CF's.