[rrd-users] How to cumulate stats for a switch

lebayle lebayle at esrf.fr
Thu Oct 25 09:44:46 MEST 2001

Hi,

I'm using MRTG for collecting I/O stats on a switch with around 60
interfaces.
I would like to get the cumulated stats (for all the ports of the switch)
plus the top traffic (input and output), both on demand and regularly
updated.
I tried RRD and did not succeed. Should I feed the RRD with all counters and
add the DS calculated by cumulating or sorting the tops ? (I tried this but
this is a heavy task already 95% performed by MRTG) Or should I calculate
the values then feed the RRD with only them ? (I tried this without
success).

Probably this already exist somewhere ...
Thanks a lot in advance,
Bruno LEBAYLE.
     o  o  o       Bruno LEBAYLE - Network group
  o   o o o   o    E.S.R.F (European Synchrotron Radiation Facility)
    o  ooo  o      BP220, 38043 GRENOBLE CEDEX 9
o o o ooooo o o o  phone (33)4-7688-2258
    o  ooo  o      fax   (33)4-7688-2020
  o   o o o   o    email lebayle at esrf.fr
     o  o  o
        o  http://www.esrf.fr/computing/cs/sysadmin/network/home.html