[rrd-users] Re: Importing data from ascii files.

Torleiv Flatebo Ringer ringert at consumption.net
Mon Oct 29 13:14:28 MET 2001

I had the same problem last night, and my theory was shot, as I had the same
error message.

What you can do is 'rrdtool dump file.rrd > file.dump' then edit the
resulting xml file, and then use rrdtool to import the data back
into the rrd file. Works great.

You could easily make a program to insert the values for you since it
is in xml.

torleiv

what you said

> Trouble is, I tried that and I get the following message;
>
> $ /usr/local/rrdtool/bin/rrdtool update testccase.rrd "996019200:7"
> ERROR: illegal attempt to update using time 996019200 when last update time is 1004355231 (minimum one second step)
>
> Jon.

second gear, redline, bliss