[rrd-users] Re: 14all customization

Rainer Bawidamann rainer at bawidamann.de
Mon Sep 3 20:58:58 MEST 2001

Hi Mike!

> 1) Where can I find all the params that can be pass to the script.
>    e.g: 14all.cgi?log=test
>    Here, "log=test" is a parameter to say to the script to generate the html
>    page corresponding of target[test] in the MRTG config file.
>    Ok, fine, but I would like to know what others parameters I can pass....

Here are the params, sorted by importance:

First of all the param

      cfg=file.name

defines the config file to use.

- dir=xxx

With this param 14all will show an index page with a list of the targets
that have the same "Directory[]" setting ('xxx'). No other param (besides
cfg) is looked at.

- png=graphtype

If no 'dir' param is given but a 'png' param 14all will generate a graph
and send it. 'graphtype' is something like 'daily' or 'monthly' or anything
defined in the config file with "14all*graphtype: start end expire". The
target is selected via "log=target". If a param 'small=x' is given (x can
be anything) the graph is made up as index graph (no legend, smaller ...).

- log=target

If neither 'dir' nor 'png' param but 'log' is given a statistics page for
the given target is send. Only the obvious 'cfg' param is recognized.

-

(i.e. no other param than 'cfg' or even no param at all)

An index page with a list of the "Directory"s and a list of targets without
"Directory" setting is shown. No other param is recognized (of course).

> 2) I would like to change a bit the graphes generated, in order to make them
> more similar than the MRTG(rateup) ones. Thus, I wish to have the same
> 'grid' behing the graph, and the same x-axis: 0 2 4 6 8 ... instead of 00:00
> 02:00 ... I know that it is possible with RRDTools graph as I have already
> made it (for example the %H option instead of %X in the --x-grid option  ...).

Many people suggested this but I haven't made a patch (ie. new version)
yet. You can add to the script a line like

     push @args, '-x', 'HOUR:1:HOUR:2:HOUR:2:0:%H';

eg. around line 361 (before the comment "# now build the graph..."). If you
think you find the optimal setting to mimic the mrtg behaviour please send
me a mail. This might motivate me to make a new 14all version ;-)

Bye ... Rainer