[rrd-users] Accumulation

Dan Winslow d.winslow at home.com
Wed Sep 26 17:22:12 MEST 2001

Has anyone considered the addition of an accumulator CF? So that something
like

rrdtool create my.rrd -s 900
DS:input:COUNTER:1800:0:U
RRA:TOTAL:0.5:96:365

would provide cumulative totals ( 96 900 second deltas added up, or 1 days'
worth, in this case ). The above may be way off base, and my understanding
of RRD is still quite limited in any case. Still, I have a need to keep and
display accumulated daily, weekly, etc., totals and I can't see any direct
way to do that in RRD. I have seen several threads talking about the same
basic need for an accumulator function, but with no clear replies.
If there is already a way to do this that I am not aware of, I would
appreciate any information about it.

Thanks
Dan Winslow