[rrd-users] Re: Change rrd file

spiegela at birch.net spiegela at birch.net
Wed Apr 3 02:27:36 MEST 2002

  I'm certainly not an expert, but the only way I've found thus far is to export
your RRD to XML using the "rrdtool dump" command, edit the XML to read as you
would like it (probably putting in "unknown" data for your new DS up to this
point), and then use "rrdtool restore" to get it back to an rrd.
  If there is a better way, though, I'd love to hear about it also.

  And to the rrd-hackers out there:  adding DS's on the fly would be awesome!

Aaron Spiegel