[rrd-users] difference between daily, weekly and yearly graphs

JKnash at bnyclearing.com JKnash at bnyclearing.com
Fri Apr 12 17:20:59 MEST 2002

I've been polling some gigabit switch interfaces and stuffing the data into
an rrd database for a couple of days now.  Unfortunately I'm seeing some
differences between graphs for day, week, and year.  I.E. the daily graph
shows my interface pushing 40 mbits of data yesterday, but the max on my
weekly graph only comes up to 34 mbits.  I setup these graphs from the
tutorial and changed the following -

height "400"
converting bytes to bits with the following -
"CDEF:realoutoctets=outoctets,8,*"
upper limit  "1000000"
lower limit - "0"
units exponent  "6"
start - for daily graph "-86400"
start for weekly graph "-604800"
start for yearly graph "-31536000"

Is this normal behavior?  Are there any settings I can change to fix this?

thanks a lot,

Justin Knash

The information in this e-mail, and any attachment therein,
is confidential and for use by the addressee only.
If you are not the intended recipient, please return the
e-mail to the sender and delete it from your computer.
Although BNY Clearing Services LLC attempts to
sweep e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not
guarantee that either are virus-free and accepts
no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses.