[rrd-users] Re: does 1.0.36 work

Thierry Nkaoua tnka at linux-sottises.net
Sun Apr 14 02:37:31 MEST 2002

Tobias Oetiker a dit:

> Folks,
>
> I just got mail form a person who claims that rpn math would not
> work any more in 1.0.36 (invalid rpn expression) ...
>
> I can not reproduce this here, for me all seems to work fine ...
>
> help would be appreciated ...
>
> tobi

Bug found!!! (after some hours of search...)

in src/rrd_graph.c
setlocale("LC_ALL, "")
has to be changed to
setlocale("LC_TIME, "")

as other country specific settings do not have to be set!!!

This has only an impact on french (or other countries) settings, if LANG is
set to en_EN no problem appears!!!!

LC_ALL is equivalent to all of

LC_COLLATE
LC_CTYPE
LC_MONETARY
LC_NUMERIC
LC_TIME

and only the last one has to be set for time settings, the other produce
problems with non english language (I did not search what exaclty was wrong,
perhaps NUMERIC which put a , in place of a dot in numbers in french....)

As I provided this solution for internationalization in a post some days
ago, I am the first to be punished :)))
But LC_ALL worked fine in 1.0.35, and I did not have time to search why it
does not work in 1.0.36

Just for fun, after some hours of search, I was wondering what was the
difference between Tobi's linux box and mine.... and I finally found
language!!!
Regards
--
TNK