[rrd-users] Re: How to update rrd file to show all statistic in the graphs

Thierry Nkaoua tnka at linux-sottises.net
Sun Apr 21 22:40:31 MEST 2002

steve a dit:
> Hi all,
>
> How do I update my rrd file to show the updated statistic in the
> graphs? Do I run a batch file to execute the cfg file (perl mrtg
> filename.cfg) every hour if I wanted to see the
> Statistic in an hour interval or I have to use the rrdtool update
> option to update rrdtool to collect the new value?

If you are using mrtg with logformat:rrdtool, you have to run mrtg every 5
minutes (default) or every value you put in INTERVAL keyword.
Note that if you use RUNASDAEMON keyword, you only need to run it once
Note also that if you use mrtg with logformat:rrdtool, mrtg won't generate
html files and images, you need tools like 14all.cgi to generate those on
the fly

regards
--
TNK