[rrd-users] Re: rrdtool - windows and a 1024 command line limit - resolved

Iain Buchanan iain at pcorp.com.au
Fri Apr 26 01:25:01 MEST 2002

That will work well, but remember there are still limits to the pipe, as I
found out!  I was shoving large amount of data (600k+ samples) into one
update, and wondered why it kept producing strange results.  I figured each
update could only handle about 500 samples before the pipe was full and I
had to send a 'return' to get rrdtool to empty the pipe on the other end.
This was on BSD, I don't know the pipe size on NT, or if there is any way to
change it.

Iain