[rrd-users] Time Range

Antoni Sawicki tenox at tenox.tc
Thu Aug 1 19:44:23 MEST 2002

Hi All,

Here is a serious problem. I'm plotting network usage statistics of my LAN
network. At night I'm performing a large site remote backup (over the LAN).
Naturally overnight backups have significant influence on the usage graphs,
especialy data consolidation and historical output. A funny fact is, that
bandwidth usage "grows" on the yearly graph, with amount of data being backed
up, because of longer time in a daily graph... the "average" values are biger,
thus larger usage on consolidated graph...

By that I have fake results of bandwidth usage growth, where in fact just
backups take longer to perform... :-/

Any solution for that, except disabling pooling at the given periods?
Any way to specify a time range within the CF?

Thanks,
Antoni

--
http://www.tenox.tc/