[rrd-users] Calculating average when aggregating

Stephan Harren sh at abovenet.de
Mon Aug 5 10:50:15 MEST 2002

Hi All,

my problem:

I need to aggregate some rrds into one graph. If I do this, the
aggregated graph starts with the timestamp when the last rrd was started.

To get around this, i use the following RPN:

ds1,UN,0,ds1,IF

Now the graph seems to be ok, but the average is calculated for the
whole time period. This is also a problem, because especially for the
yearly graph, the average isn't as high as it should be (a lot of zero
values where there should be unknowns).

Does anybody know, how I get around this ?

Best regards,

Stephan
--
Stephan Harren