[rrd-users] Data archiving

Justin Shore listuser at neo.pittstate.edu
Wed Aug 7 19:53:29 MEST 2002

Howdy all.  I'm considering using RRD in the future for certain
statistics.  I'm curious about how long data is archived and how much
space it consumes.  What I'd like to be able to do is tell my CGI to
create a daily image from a particular day up to a year ago (maybe
longer).  Does RRD keep data that long or does it convert the daily
data into weekly and monthly data after a certain amount of time?  I
think I explained what I'm looking for correctly.  If it's confusing,
let me know and I'll try again.  Thanks

Justin

Justin Shore, ES-SS ES-SSR      Pittsburg State University
Network & Systems Manager       Kelce 157Q
Office of Information Systems   Pittsburg, KS 66762
Voice: (620) 235-4606           Fax: (620) 235-4545
http://www.pittstate.edu/ois/

Warning:  This message has been quadruple Rot13'ed for your protection.