[rrd-users] Problems with snap of 08-01-2002 (First of August): x_order_2: colinear!

Mon Aug 12 12:07:44 MEST 2002

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am using rrdgraph from Perl (on FreeBSD with Perl 5.00503) in this
manner

    RRDs::graph "$name.png",
      "--title", "Traffic Statistics for $if",
      "--start", "now-1h",
      "--end", "now",
      "--lower-limit=1",
  #    "--interlace",
      "--imgformat","PNG",
      "--height=250",
      "--width=600",
  #    "--logarithmic",
      "--vertical-label","Throughtput",
      "DEF:obs=$rrd:ifOutOctets:AVERAGE",
      "DEF:pred=$rrd:ifOutOctets:HWPREDICT",
      "DEF:dev=$rrd:ifOutOctets:DEVPREDICT",
      "DEF:fail=$rrd:ifOutOctets:FAILURES",
      # "TICK:fail#ffffa0:1.0:Failures Average bits out",
      "CDEF:scaledobs=obs,8,*",
      "CDEF:upper=pred,dev,2,*,+",
      "CDEF:lower=pred,dev,2,*,-",
      "CDEF:scaledupper=upper,8,*",
      "CDEF:scaledlower=lower,8,*",
      "LINE2:scaledobs#0000ff:Average bits out",
      "LINE1:scaledupper#ff0000:Upper Bound Average bits out",
      "LINE1:scaledlower#ff0000:Lower Bound Average bits out",
      ;

(yes, hardly original. Mr Brutlags work), with the developer snapshot of
1st of August.

I am collecting outOctets each 2.5 minutes and saving them in the RRD
(with HWPREDICT).

rrdgraph writes messages like

colinear!
colinear!
x_order_2: colinear!
x_order_2: colinear!
x_order_2: colinear!
x_order_2: colinear!
x_order_2: colinear!
x_order_2: colinear!
x_order_2: colinear!
x_order_2: colinear!
colinear!
colinear!

to stderr.

I realise that one should be prepared for such things with development
branches but I wonder if there is something

. others are seeing
. I am doing obviously wrong.

rrdtool is built statically, and with the Perl modules stored in the
Perl library paths.

At this point the RRDs will not have a days data in them and this is the
cycle that I am hoping HWPREDICT will act upon.

Do I need to wait until there is more data in the RRD ?

Thank you,

Yours sincerely.

Stanley Hopcroft

from Meditation 17, J Donne.