[rrd-users] Problems with 10th of August snap. Examples don't work. FreeBSD 4.6-p10. gcc 2.95.3

Tue Aug 13 00:52:44 MEST 2002

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am having trouble with the developers snapshot dated 2002-08-10 (10th
of August).

The problems include :-

. no text (legends or axes) on the canvases
. errors in one case at run time

perl in free(): warning: junk pointer, too high to make sense
perl in free(): warning: junk pointer, too high to make sense
perl in free(): warning: junk pointer, too high to make sense
perl in free(): warning: junk pointer, too high to make sense
perl in free(): warning: junk pointer, too high to make sense
ERROR: Garbage ':alpha=TIME,1200,%,600,LT,a,UNKN,IF' after command:
COMMENT:CDEF:alpha=TIME,1200,%,600,LT,a,UNKN,IF
This script has created stripes.png in the current directory
This demonstrates the use of the TIME and % RPN operators

The reason for my interest in the examples is I have problems with text
(and TICK) in my test applications.

Perhaps I have installed it wrongly.

Details are :-

. FreeBSD 4.6-RELEASE-p10
. gcc 2.95.3
. static linking (ie __no__ autoconf and friends; ./configure without
any obvious complaints and gmake [as root to get Perl bindings installed
in system directories] and gmake install
. perl 5.005_03 built for i386-freebsd

Here's the tail of configure

configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating examples/shared-demo.pl
config.status: creating examples/piped-demo.pl
config.status: creating examples/stripes.pl
config.status: creating examples/bigtops.pl
config.status: creating examples/minmax.pl
config.status: creating examples/cgi-demo.cgi
config.status: creating examples/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/Makefile
config.status: creating libraries/Makefile
config.status: creating libraries/cgilib-0.4/Makefile
config.status: creating libraries/libart_lgpl-2.3.7/Makefile
config.status: creating libraries/libpng-1.2.0/Makefile
config.status: creating libraries/zlib-1.1.4/Makefile
config.status: creating libraries/freetype-2.0.5/Makefile
config.status: creating libraries/afm/Makefile
config.status: creating src/Makefile
config.status: creating bindings/Makefile
config.status: creating bindings/tcl/Makefile
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating config/config.h
config.status: config/config.h is unchanged
checking in... and out again
ordering CD from http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/wish .... just
kidding ;-)

Please let me know what I should be doing and or which FM I
should be reading.

Yours sincerely

Stanley Hopcroft

from Meditation 17, J Donne.