[rrd-users] Subtracting one RRD from another?

Cooper Nelson coop at epicenter.ucsd.edu
Tue Aug 27 22:49:19 MEST 2002

Hi friends,

I'm working with the current development release.

Is there an easy way to graph the difference between the same time
period on two seperate RRD's, or two seperate periods within the same
RRD?  For example, say I kept 5 minute averages of traffic for 2 months
and wanted to plot the difference between now and one month ago.

I'm thinking CDEF could do this, but I'm unsure how to get started.
 Could I just create a DEF for a one week period a month ago then
subtract that from a plain datasource DEF?

Cheers,
Cooper