[rrd-users] Re: MRTG and Apache

Gerhard Ecaroh Froehlich gerhard.froehlich at produktion.gis-online.de
Fri Aug 30 12:32:41 MEST 2002

Hello,

Thilanka Samarasekera wrote:

> Is there anyway to monitor an apache server in windows
> using MRTG or RRD? If so where can I read about it?
> Thank you all.
> Thilanka

Yes. I am not familar with the different front and backends round rrdtool, but
you can a) write your own perl script to extract hit counts, byte counts out of
your access_log of apache or b) use a tool like remstats, who has this
functionalty build in.

But be aware that is more difficult to extract data from logs than querying an
snmp device. And it may be more difficult to set things up on windows than on
unix. ;-)

Bye, Ecaroh

<http://remstats.sourceforge.net>

--
Gerhard Ecaroh Froehlich, Systemadministrator
Real Time Investmentbanking (Team Breitenversorgung)