[rrd-users] Re: Cisco 2600 Monitoring

Gerhard Ecaroh Froehlich gerhard.froehlich at produktion.gis-online.de
Thu Dec 5 11:29:38 MET 2002

Hi Michael,

Michael Love wrote:

> I'm in the process of reading the documentation of our Cisco 2600 router...
> I want to user RRD tp mointor and graph the top ten incoming and outgoing
> ports on the router. Has anyone else on the mailing list done this already?

If i understand you right, you want to collect Ciscos Flow capablities. This
one's coverd by Ciscos Net Flow, Flow-Tools by Fulmer or Flowscan from Plonka.
You can use RRD's to store, average and graph, but to collect the flows which
will give you top ten port you need a flow collector.

<http://net.doit.wisc.edu/~plonka>
<http://www.splintered.net/sw/flow-tools/docs/flow-fanout.html>
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/ehnt>
<http://www.switch.ch/tf-tant/floma/software.html>
<http://www.slac.stanford.edu/comp/net/netflow/SLAC-Netflow.html>
<http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/nfc/nfc_3_0/nfc_ug/index.htm>

Dear list users, correct me, if i am wrong

> Michael Love,
> SDC Technical Support
> http://www.sdc.org

Bye, Ecaroh

--
Gerhard Ecaroh Froehlich, Systemadministrator