[rrd-users] Re: compile error

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Sat Dec 7 16:54:08 MET 2002

On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 11:16:16PM +0100, Richard Pijnenburg wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I'm trying to compile rrdtool-1.0.40 on my Redhat-7.2 machine.
> But when I type `make` I get the following error:
>
> cgi.c:30: warning: no previous prototype for `cgiHeader'
> cgi.c:47: warning: no previous prototype for `cgiDecodeString'
> cgi.c:76: warning: no previous prototype for `cgiInit'

<melige mode on>
These aren't errors.  "warning" means warning.  If it is an
error, it will say "error".
</>

[snip several warnings for gd about "y1" and such]

Ignore those, or convince the library writer "y1" is a reserved word.
(it is defined by some math library).

Unless it didn't compile (which you didn't say) these warnings
are mostly harmless.  It does however make it less easy to spot
real programming errors.

Alex