[rrd-users] NRG ... make fails..

Munn, Stuart SITI-IT-DIETS Stuart.Munn at shell.com
Wed Dec 18 09:17:42 MET 2002

Does anyone use NRG? I am trying to install it for the first time and am
having problems, I don't get any response from the NRG mailing list which
doesn't seem very active ;-)

Maybe someone here can help?

=================

Just downloaded and installed  NRG for the first time. I want to use it to
monitor my new DNS and sendmail services, I have been using simple RRD
graphs until now.

When I try my first make rediscover after editing NRG.mconf and having
installed and tested the required daemons (all OK) on the two servers I get
the following output:

make rediscover

nrg-autoconf started:   Tue Dec 17 10:49:25 2002
nrg-autoconf: metatarget ".INIT" not found
nrg-autoconf finished:  Tue Dec 17 10:49:26 2002
time elapsed:           00:00:01
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `.INIT'

nrg-autoconf started:   Tue Dec 17 10:49:26 2002
nrg-autoconf: metatarget ".DONE" not found
nrg-autoconf finished:  Tue Dec 17 10:49:27 2002
time elapsed:           00:00:01
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `.DONE'

I have little or no experience with Make so am having trouble debugging. The
installation of RRD (V 1.0.37)and NRG all worked OK. Apache (1.3.24) is
already running fine on my server all installed under Solaris 2.8 on my
server.

Any hints help appreciated.

Oh and is there a NRG FAQ?

Regards