[rrd-users] Re: mrtg please help

Shipley, Rob rshipley at state.mt.us
Wed Dec 18 18:33:30 MET 2002

You may get better advice on the cricket users or mrtg list. However, here
is something that you can check. MRTG probably has MaxBytes set for your
targets. It will put a NaN value if it is exceeded. This may show up as
drops in your graph. Check the log files to verify. If so, you can set a
AbsMax or set the MaxBytes higher. Or set an if-speed in cricket equal to
the MaxBytes in MRTG. This may resolve the discrepancies. Check cricket
documentation for details on setting up something like MaxBytes in MRTG.

--------------sample in Defaults file for cricket--------------------
graph   --default--
    y-max = %if-speed%
    rrd-graph-args = "HRULE:%if-speed%#FF0000:Bandwidth(100%)"
--------------sample in config file for cricket--------------------
	target-type	=	sub-interface
	if-speed =		1572864
	fmt-speed = 	"1.544 Mbits/sec"