[rrd-users] Re: New Bee

Gerhard Ecaroh Froehlich gerhard.froehlich at produktion.gis-online.de
Mon Feb 4 09:23:12 MET 2002

Hi Aamir,

"Aamir, Muhammad" wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Does it matter if I install Solaris 8 or 7 for MRTG. Are there any known
> issues? What should I install to get a better support and less hassle for
> MRTG 2.9.17?

I don't see any problems with 7 or 8. But take care of your compiler and
perl versions. Solaris compiler don't work good for gnu tools like MRTG.
Some versions of Perl don't fit. Make sure you have 'GNU' Environment
;-)) . Check your path's! This is the most common problem on solaris
instead of Linux. Mostly you have to solve dependencies. Take a 'test
machine' for installing GNU Tools and compile it there. After that copy
this to your target but be sure, you have not installed librarys in
other directorys than that one you have been maked.

> Thanks.
>
> Aamir
> email: Muhammad.Aamir at attcanada.com

	Ecaroh