[rrd-users] Re: little quest

Logg, Connie A. cal at SLAC.Stanford.EDU
Wed Feb 6 22:29:32 MET 2002

I am sorry...I confused you...the rrd "gauge" is ok, but I was trying to point out the
mib variables are counters which wrap...and yes..you do need to take the difference of the
last and current readings.

Connie

-----Original Message-----
From: Arias, Sebastian Alejandro - (Ext Arg)
[mailto:Sebastian.Arias at attla.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 12:42 PM
To: Logg, Connie A.
Cc: 'rrd-users at list.ee.ethz.ch'
Subject: RE: [rrd-users] little quest

Im first use Counter , but does not work properly, because that variable,
not ever increment his size, this variable is the difference between the
actual value and the last value obtained in the last 5 minutes ..., and I
think that the counter is for variables that ever increment his size??  even
i see in MRTG the use of gauge ...  It is possible?

		Thanks A lot

I attach the graph was made the rrdtool, in this graph it talk abou 30 MB,
and the PVC of my router have the size of a T! (1.5 MB).

Sebastian Arias

Infraestructure & Technologies

AT&T Latin America, Argentina

Phone: [5411]5288-0173 - Fax: [5411]5288-0408