[rrd-users] Out of time sequence problems?

Steve Holdoway sholdowa at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 13 10:25:16 MET 2002

Hi all,

I'm a fairly new user (so new, your logo isn't on my website yet!), so
please be gentle. I'm also cheating a bit, because I haven't really
tried to get into the round robin file format to try and answer my own
question.

Anyway, that aside, this is what I'm trying to do.
On a half hourly basis, I access various sources on the internet and
get weather information, which I then process and store using the datestamp
recorded with the data. I have some problems with my internet access, and,
on occasion, I miss data. So, I have created an extra process that retrieves
a complete day's weather info, and tries to load all of the relevant
entries. If the data already exists, I get an error, which is fine; and if
it doesn't, it seems to get added into the rrd.

However, when I graph the information, the gaps due to the originally
missing information still seem to exist. Is there a problem in adding
data to an rrd when it's not in time order?

Cheers,

Steve