[rrd-users] ERROR: unknown function 'VDEF'

Stefan Hotz stefan.hotz at zurich.com
Wed Jan 16 16:00:42 MET 2002

Hi

I am using rrdtool-1.0.33 and I would like to create the following graph:

rrdtool graph percent.gif \
--start 1011060000   \
--end 1011192020 \
DEF:ds=data.rrd:n:AVERAGE \
VDEF:first=ds,FIRST \
VDEF:last=ds,LAST \
VDEF:pct=ds,95,PERCENT \
VRULE:first#FF0000:"start of data" \
VRULE:last#FF0000:"end of data" \
HRULE:pct#FF0000:"95th percentile" \
GPRINT:pct:"%6.2lf Bps\n"

I get an error message :  ERROR: unknown function 'VDEF'

I have read in the rrd-developers list from the 25 Jul 2001 01:57:40  that
the percentile function has been added.
My question now. Do I have to install some additional patches?
It looks like my version doesn't understand this feature yet.

Any help would be apreciated. Thanks

Stefan Hotz

This message, along with any attachments, may be confidential or legally
privileged.  It is intended only for the named person(s), who is/are the
only authorized recipients. If this message has reached you in error,
kindly destroy it without review and notify the sender immediately. Thank
you for your help.