[rrd-users] rrd::fetch "How to sort datas"

Stefan Hotz stefan.hotz at zurich.com
Mon Jan 21 12:59:04 MET 2002

Hello

I would like to sort the values from the data.rrd file. I can not figure
out how I have to access the datas in the sort function.
So far the values are printed out, but unfortunatley unsorted. How must I
write the sort function?

Second: Is it possible to pass the --start and --end argument to the fetch
function? I alwas get an error if I send these parameters as well to the
fetch function.

Thank's a lot in advance

Stefan

$file = "daten.rrd";
$arg = "AVERAGE" ;
# $arg = "AVERAGE --start 1011099600 --end 1011276042";

my ($start,$step,$names,$data) = RRDs::fetch ($file,$arg);
 if ( $error = RRDs::error ) {
   print "rrdtool fetch failed: \"$error\"\n";
   exit 1;
 }

print " ----------------------- sortiert ------------------";

@$data_sort = sort {$a <=> $b } @$data;

  foreach my $sort (@$data_sort) {
    foreach my $val (@$sort) {
      printf "%12.1f", $val;
}
    print "\n";
}

This message, along with any attachments, may be confidential or legally
privileged.  It is intended only for the named person(s), who is/are the
only authorized recipients. If this message has reached you in error,
kindly destroy it without review and notify the sender immediately. Thank
you for your help.