[rrd-users] Using CDEF

Rob Ford r.ford at pindar.com
Wed Jan 23 17:07:28 MET 2002

I hope someone can help with the following problem:

I have created my .rrd file and wrote a simple perl script that collects the data, updates the database and then outputs the graphs.  After much fiddling I have managed to get them outputing the graphs how I want them......except I want to use the feature used in the tutorial that changes the colour of the graph when it gets above a certain amount.

Here is the command I'm using

rrdtool graph brisavWAITAdPrep.gif -s -6h --vertical-label "No. of Ads" -w 300 -t "No.of Adverts waiting to go into AdPrep"
DEF:brisavWAITAdPrep=brisav.rrd:brisavWAITAdPrep:AVERAGE
AREA:brisavWAITAdPrep#0000FF
HRULE:100#FF0000:"Problem with System"

Any help you can give me would be much appreciated.

Regards

Rob
--
Rob Ford

This email and its attachments are intended for the above
named only and may be confidential.  If they have come to
you in error, you must take no action based on them, nor
must you copy or show them to anyone; please reply to this
email and highlight the error.
Security Warning: Please note that this email has been
created in the knowledge that the internet email is not a
100% secure communications medium.  We advise that you
understand and observe this lack of security when emailing us.
Viruses:  Although we have taken steps to ensure that this
email and attachments are free from any virus, we advise
that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient
should ensure they are actually virus free.
If you have received this email in error please notify:
postmaster at pindar.com