[rrd-users] Graphing Very Small Numbers

Cliff cliff at acsalaska.net
Thu Jan 24 14:56:35 MET 2002

Hi Folks

I'm trying to graph small amounts of traffic.
In particular, SNMP & NTP & ICMP & SMB on my homenet.

I've got the different traffic types seperated out
by protocol - no problem there.

But I have to multiply by at least 100K in my mrtg configs.
I assume this is because the 5-minute average that mrtg does
by default produces an amount that is less than 1, which MRTG
ignores because it's not a whole number.

So will RRDTool do a better job of graphing small numbers?

Or how are other folks graphing numbers that 5-minute-average out to be
less than 1?

Thx.