[rrd-users] IEEE FP error compiling rrdtool-1.0.33 on NetBSD 1.5.3 Alpha

Diana deeiche at otaku.freeshell.org
Mon Jan 28 00:04:51 MET 2002

I'm getting the following errors while compiling rrdtool
on an Alpha NetBSD system.  I've looked thorugh quite a few
archives and I don't see why the test for "-mieee" fails.

It apparent from the list that that has been problems
getting rrdtool to compile on Alpha's.

thanks

$ ./configure
creating cache ./config.cache
checking host system type... alpha-unknown-netbsd1.5.3.
checking target system type... alpha-unknown-netbsd1.5.3.
checking build system type... alpha-unknown-netbsd1.5.3.

SNIP

checking if realloc can deal with NULL... yes
checking if IEEE math works out of the box... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -ieee switch... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -qfloat=nofold switch... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -w -qflttrap=enable:zerodivide... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -mieee switch... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -q float=rndsngl switch... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -OPT:IEEE_comparisons=ON switch... no
checking if IEEE math works with fpsetmask(0)... no
checking if IEEE math works with signal(SIGFPE,SIG_IGN)... not isnan(NaN) ... no
configure: error:
Your Compiler does not do propper IEEE math ... Please find out how to
make IEEE math work with your compiler and let me know (oetiker at ee.ethz.ch).
Check config.log to see what went wrong ...