[rrd-users] Re: disk usage update on W2k

Michael Grice grice at binc.net
Mon Jul 8 16:12:20 MEST 2002

* Jarek Sobkowiak <jsobkow at gwdg.de> [020708 07:56] wrote:

> Where can  I find the information about the disk usage on W2k server.
> I tried with host.hrStorage.hrStorageTable.hrStorageEntry.hrStorageUsed,
> but it seems only to update if I restart the SNMP service on the server.
>
> Can anybody help me?

Apparently this is a known issue; see:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q295587

Microsoft apparently has a fix, but you need to contact support, which
could cost money, and they haven't released it publically, which is
troubling.

As far as I can tell, you have two other options. One is to use another
SNMP agent which does give this information to you. The other is to
write a batch file which restarts the SNMP service periodically. If I'm
wrong, I'd be happy to hear about it.
--Michael