[rrd-users] Re: 14all*indexgraphsize issue

Rainer Bawidamann rainer.bawidamann at web.de
Mon Jul 22 21:47:23 MEST 2002

> Using this directive, when I bring up a page generated from the config
> the graphs are of the default size but "hazy", like they're only
> half-drawn.  A shift-reload will bring them up as the size I specified
> in the cfg file.  Any way to fix?

No. The HTML page and the graphs are created by different calls to the web
server: First your web browser requests the HTML page. It finds the links
to the embedded pictures (the traffic graphs) and requests them. So when
the HTML page is created (with the size information in the IMG tags) I only
have the XSize/YSize hints from the config (which set the size of the graph
without legends) and the size of a previously created image. 14all gets the
size of the previously created image (stored on disk) and puts it into the
IMG tags. If you changed the config since those images have been created
this information will be wrong and the browser scales the new images to the
size from the IMG tags. That's why those images look "hazy".

Maybe I should omit the size information from the IMG tags if the config
file change time is more recent than the graph creation time.

Rainer