[rrd-users] Re: rrd files not written

Gerhard Ecaroh Froehlich gerhard.froehlich at produktion.gis-online.de
Tue Jul 23 10:00:32 MEST 2002

Hi,

i am not familar with windows, but in formerly written discussions there's
always the hint to "double" backslashes under MS-Windows. Under Unix the
"backslash" stands for "IGNORE the special meaning of the following character".
So in your case check by example:

D:\\applications\\denika\\data

in all your setup. This means that RRDTool handles your setup without double
backslashing in:

D:applicationsdenkiadata

So, this is not your path. ;-)

Bye, Ecaroh

johan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using rrd tool combinad with mrtg on windows 2000 server based on
> routers2.cgi. For some strange reason, he doesn't want to created the
> rrd-files. Nevertheless, all rights are set correct (cgi is writable,
> directory's for rrd-logs are set fine, etc...). I receive the following
> errors :
>
> Error reading RRD database
> D:\applications\denika\data\rrd-logs\213.193.199.2_3.rrd
> opening 'D:\applications\denika\data\rrd-logs\213.193.199.2_3.rrd': No
> such file or directory
> Target
> RRD FileModeIn MenuIn SummaryIn/OutIn CompactNotes
>  213.193.199.2_7
> D:\applications\denika\data\rrd-logs\213.193.199.2_7.rrd
> Unable to read RRD file!
>
> Any idea what I do wrong ?
>
> Greetz,
> Johan
>
> --

Gerhard Ecaroh Froehlich, Systemadministrator
Real Time Investmentbanking (Team Breitenversorgung)
Telefon: +49 (0) 69 7447 5117
Geno-Rechenzentrum GmbH, 60528 Frankfurt / Main, Hahnstrasse 46