[rrd-users] Trying to run rrdtool tutorial

Jane Bamberger jane.bamberger at bassett.org
Mon Jun 3 20:51:58 MEST 2002

Hi,

I have installed the AIX version of rrdtool from Bull software - as I could
not get the source code to install on AIX. I am working through (Ha!) the
tutorial on line and got as far as the first step:

rrdtool create test.rrd             \
            --start 920804400          \
            DS:speed:COUNTER:600:U:U   \
            RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:24       \
            RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:6:10

I get the following errors:

Could not load program rrdtool:
Symbol resolution failed for rrdtool because:
        Symbol strcpy (number 60) is not exported from dependent
          module /usr/local/lib/libz.a(shr.o).
        Symbol memmove (number 61) is not exported from dependent
          module /usr/local/lib/libz.a(shr.o).
        Symbol bcopy (number 62) is not exported from dependent
          module /usr/local/lib/libz.a(shr.o).
        Symbol setjmp (number 75) is not exported from dependent
          module /usr/local/lib/libpng.a(shr.o).
        Symbol pow (number 84) is not exported from dependent
          module /usr/local/lib/libpng.a(shr.o).
        Symbol fsav (number 85) is not exported from dependent
          module /usr/local/lib/libpng.a(shr.o).
        Symbol fres (number 86) is not exported from dependent
          module /usr/local/lib/libpng.a(shr.o).
Examine .loader section symbols with the 'dump -Tv' command.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Jane
Jane Bamberger
IS Department